Friday, November 13, 2009

Labour and Institutionalisation

Orwellian.

I mean look at this photo review of Glasgow North-East. Yet people voted Labour? Some blogs I read tell me to cheer up, most that things ain't so bad. The SNP promise to fight Labour's negativity from now on. Why was there no fight for Glasgow North-East? I'm ashamed.

This is institutionalisation. Poverty is a prison. Reflecting on that today I thought about those whose lives were over before they were even borne. They exist as cheap labour, soldiering and voting for people like Gordon Brown. Aspiration isn't for people like them. 74 years of Labour rule and those lost generations!

Remember the Shawshank Redemption? The scene where Brooks can't make it on the outside of prison. This seemed to me to be the best filmic representation, I could think of, of a Labour victory in Glasgow North-East yesterday.

No comments: